Flew to Iloilo

Kuala Lumpur International Airport

I should be arriving at Iloilo airport on January 14, but I was there on February 15 in the morning. There was something happened.

It was actually the first time for me to go by plane, going abroad as well. Before leaving, I was so busy to prepare almost everything. Many foods, several clothes, anticipating excess baggage, etc. but I forgot one crucial thing. Whenever I connect my phone to internet, I was thinking that it will automatically adjust the time of the country where it is connected. But I was wrong.

February 14 In the morning, I was just waiting at the waiting room of Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) before the boarding gate, charging my phone, then walked to the boarding gate one hour before my take off schedule, according to my phone time. Then I realized that the plane has just departed to manila. How could it be? I saw my phone and a board that showing the departure time, oh my Goodness! The time was different, my phone was still Indonesian time that one hour earlier, it was not automatically changed. I missed my flight.


I was so panicked, there was no other way except bought new tickets. The question is, whose money? Missed my flight at KLIA means I had to buy two new tickets, Kula Lumpur – Manila and Manila - Iloilo. I contacted the stakeholders in my University, told them what happened. I was ready to accept the consequences. But thanks God! The vice dean of students and alumni affair instructed one of the staff in my faculty to bought me another new tickets. I felt guilty but grateful at the same time. Well I had just to wait for my next flight in the evening.

I told the coordinator of my receiving university, Dr. Gabinete that I would be late and conveyed my apologize. From that time I know that he is a very care person. Instead of critique on my mistake, he just tried to make sure everything would run well. He was really worried about me.

Rahmaniah, Saryuni, Dr. Gasapo, Hendi, Dr. Gabinete

Then I met him at Iloilo airport at 5 am, the exact time like he promised to fetch me in the previous day. We went to his house first so that I could pray, take a bath, and a rest for a while. Then we fetched the other two exchange students at Midtown Hotel, Miss Rahmaniah Yusuf Husein and Sari Wahyuni. They come from Indonesia too.

As the time goes, all of us are getting closer. Not as friends, but indeed just like family that help and understand each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Practice

Summary and Suggestions

The Day to Say Good Bye (?)

Northern Iloilo Polytechnic State College and NIPSC Laboratory Junior High School

Explore Iloilo and Estancia (Our Wonderful days)

The Hospitality of Filipinos

Hello from The Little Alaska of The Philippines