The Hospitality of Filipinos




The reason why I brought many foods there was just because I thought it was difficult to find halal food there. But then I was touched to see how care and hospitable are the Filipinos. Since the interview session, I told my coordinator that it is because I am a muslim, so I cannot eat something like pork, dog, drink anything contains alcohol etc.

Of course it is easy to not eating pork, but how did I know that the utensils used to cook other foods are not used to cook pork? Because most of restaurants there serve pork as the menu. But then our coordinator and every one who invited us to eat together usually had to make sure first that all foods and the utensils that were used there to cook did not contain or contribute any pork. Even one of the host that invited us consulted with their muslim friend first about how to serve the dinner that muslim can eat.

Everyone who invited us? Exactly. We had lot of sponsors that treated our lunch and dinner. Here are our hospitable teachers and staff of Northern Iloilo Polytechnic State College (some were not documented). We will never forget your kindness!

Our Hospitable Teachers and Staff


And our deepest thanks to our coordinator, he has not only treated us for one, two, or three days but every day! I was so touched when I asked how much that we should pay for our every day lunch that were served by the school canteen, and he was just said “Don’t worry, I will be the one who pay. Just save money for your study.” Not only that, he also cooked for our breakfasts every morning and in the evening for the dinners if in case we had no sponsor.

So what can we do to repay all of these hospitable people? We just hope that God will be the one who repay them, much more than they had given to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching Practice

Summary and Suggestions

The Day to Say Good Bye (?)

Hello from The Little Alaska of The Philippines

Northern Iloilo Polytechnic State College and NIPSC Laboratory Junior High School

Flew to Iloilo

Explore Iloilo and Estancia (Our Wonderful days)